Thursday, April 5, 2007

Donuts Anyone?

After school the other day, I stopped in an old haunt, i.e. convenience store, to shoot the shit with some friends. The Krispy Kreme guy was there putting nice fresh donuts in the display case. They looked so good and seeing that mystery meat had been served in the cafeteria at school, I had resisted the temptation to eat.

Two of my friends in blue were there hanging out and they proceeded to give me a rash of shit as soon as they saw me looking at the donut case. I glanced down, realizing that I was dressed mainly in dark blue, grabbed up a donut and took a bite.

5-0: “Don’t let me ever see you with a donut again. You’re still one of us! Real police don’t touch those things!”

Me grinning: “I’m wearing blue today so I just couldn’t help myself!”

5-0: [groaning] “Oh that hurt!”

2nd 5-0: [laughing] “You HAD to go there, didn’t ya?”

The owner and clerks were laughing so hard that one of them spit coffee all over the counter.